Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Day 2 ~ 30 Day Vegan Challenge

Well~ I can say yesterday was VICTORY for me. I was really tired for one thing, running off about 3 hours of sleep, and so I was a bit worried about how the day might go. I get super hungry when I'm that tired, and have a habit of letting my willpower slip. Not yesterday, and boy am I glad.  I ended up feeling very light this morning. Part of it was due to... um... well, all the fiber in my diet, and the other was water weight I'm sure. I got on the scale this morning and I am down 4 lbs from day 1. Seriously!! That in itself is enough to make me crazy-happy. BUT I also know myself, and I know that anything I do well at first, I have a habit of slacking off. Don't ask me why - I'm some sort of masochist for sure.

I started off my day with the same breakfast as yesterday. Was delicious, again; miso soup and quinoa. I think that Asian cultures are on to something with the whole soup in the morning idea. It fills you up, but doesn't weigh you down.  I am worried about my love for eggs though. I think I could give up most things a vegan is supposed to, but I do love eggs. Even though I've went to free-range organic, giving them up totally may be a chore. We also take my grandmother out for breakfast or lunch every Saturday, and that is going to be a bit tricky, too. MMMM Bacon... Sausage....Uh-Oh!! The image from the video came back. Never mind. Yummy Tofu!  :)

Miso soup and quinoa ~ again. YUM
And I am painfully aware that the photo makes it appear as though it was taken from an old Betty Crocker cookbook. I love these bowls, though.

For lunch, it was super simple. It was late again, and I didn't feel like preparing anything, so I went with something I knew; natural peanut butter on Ezekiel toast with a drizzle of agave syrup and a Fuji apple. I love Fuji apples, they are my absolute favorite.

Ezikiel toast w/natty pb and agave syrup
Fuji apple (the other side was already bitten!)



(I would love to know why I can't seem to put those photos side-by-side, but oh well!)

Now, dinner worried me a bit. My son had a football game, and those nights are good for hitting the drive- thru. My son got Arby's chicken tenders (and it made the car smell terrible) and my daughter got a chicken sandwich at Wendy's (long story~but it involved an incompetent Arby's drive-thru employee).  I got a baked potato. Came home roasted a few veggies with a little olive oil and some salt, pepper and garlic powder, and I came up with this:
Baked potato and roasted veggies

I am thinking of making some vegan apple muffins or black bean brownies. I may have to update again if I get ambitious. All in all today was another good day. Sticking to it for another day :)


  

No comments: