Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Day 3 ~ 30 Day Vegan Challenge

I ended up making The Happy Herbivore's Black Bean Brownies last night. They are delicious. I haven't had one (yet) today, but I'm sure I will soon :) So, here is what they looked like, and even the kids liked them! They are moist, like the type you get individually wrapped in a box.

Black Bean Brownie

First up this morning was a change from my usual breakfast, but another recipe from the same author. These are Apple Crisp Muffins. They were a perfect pair with my coffee on this cool rainy autumn morning. Made my mouth and tummy very happy!

    
Apple Crisp Muffins




Next up was lunch, and this may seem familiar, but it is miso soup with quinoa. I love it, and I won't ever get sick of it, so get used to it. I'm not sure if I should just shoot a "stock photo" of it and be done with the pics or not yet. I have tried to use a different type bowl each time, just to keep you looking... lol.

Miso Soup With Quinoa
Now, dinner was new and exciting today! Burgers and onion rings. What?! Did I fall off the wagon already? Nope, of course not, they are bean burgers and unfried onion rings. Both delicious. I can't say that I will make the onion rings again, though. I have another recipe (that looks equally as difficult) in another book, Appetite For Reduction. This one was really difficult, and it was just too time consuming for me. They were good, however. The bean burgers are delicious. My stove is a bit funky, so after I had decent (but not great) results on the stove, I pressed the rest into patties and cooked them in the oven on some non-stick Reynolds wrap. (I LOVE that stuff!) Those came out a much better consistency to me, and are more burger like.  These were a hit with the kids as well.
*disclaimer~ I am not a seasoned vegan, and I tried to do as much research as I could before shoving this thing down my throat. While I am fairly certain the bread I ate was not the healthiest choice, I believe it was vegan nonetheless.

Bean Burger and Onion Rings

So, that was day 3. I still don't think I've slipped. I really wanted to put honey mustard on my burger, and I wanted to use Hawaiian Sweet buns for the bread, but they both contained honey. It seems this is one thing even the vegans can't agree on as acceptable or not. But, I left it alone, this time. I may or may not decide that it's ok next time around. I haven't been hungry, lethargic, any crazier than usual... just my normal self minus meat and a lot of other things that goes with that! I'm ready for day 4 :)

Oh, and I'm pretty sure there is another of those bean brownies in my near future with nice cup of hot tea!

2 comments:

jkhenson said...

Hey, dude, where's the updates? ;)

RealDivaUnderneath said...

Coming tonight! :) Busy, stupid weekend!! LOL