Monday, October 10, 2011

Um... Don't even know what day it should be...

So, my vegan challenge is just that, a challenge. That's ok though, because I'm not completely done. I am still working on getting as much vegetarian and vegan foods in as I can, with occasional supplementation of meat.  I still believe that I will end up being about 90% at some point, but I am still working on it. I'm not ashamed of it. I'm going to try another recipe from the Happy Herbivore cookbook again tomorrow. I have to say, that I love it. I bought 3 at the same time, and this is the one that I keep going to.

I found a new product that I tried today, that will actually help my journey, and it's delicious. It is called Olivio~ like butter, but non dairy and non soy! Although it is coconut spread, it's not sweet. It may be slightly more sweet than butter, and a little less salty, but it is great. YEAH!!


Yesterday during the football game I made my first batch of vegan chili. I didn't use a recipe, I just kept adding what it needed 'til it tasted "real." I used TVP for the first time. I sent a few bowls home with mom, and she actually told me it was really good, and if i hadn't told her there was no meat in it she would have never known. I will try to post the recipe, but I really didn't measure anything. I'll also post a picture tomorrow, too.

Tomorrow I plan on making a tempeh recipe which will be a first using that as an ingredient as well. Can't wait to give another recipe a try. More pics and kid reviews on that one also!

Well, until then... have a great night! :)

No comments: